Just Helping Children is our registered charity name but we are also known as Just4Children.
“You are providing a wonderful service and help. The world needs great souls like yours more now then ever. Thank you for caring and sharing!”
Just4Children provides support for families to help their children with disabilities and sickness.
Just4Children is passionate about the relief of sickness and preservation of good physical and mental health of children and young people under the age of 25 years resident in the United Kingdom and Ireland in particular, and without limitation, by providing and assisting in the provision of services and grants to enable them to obtain medical treatment, therapies and equipment which would not otherwise be available to them.
Just4Children provides fundraising support for families in these areas:
- Life changing treatment for children with brain injuries;
- Access to quality of life enhancing surgeries and treatments like selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) and stem cell therapy;
- Access to life-saving surgeries and treatments;
- Probable and likely surgeries and treatments as yet not diagnosed;
- Short breaks and holidays for children with families fighting illnesses and disabilities;
- Creating dreams for terminally ill children;
- Mobility and sensory equipment;
- New technology to enhance quality of life for house bound children;
- Holistic therapy and support programmes for autistic children;
- Adaptions to homes and living environments to improve quality of life;
- Sports equipment to enable talented disabled athletes to participate in competitive sport;
- Seizure response dogs for children with epilepsy;
- And any other areas the trustees feel will benefit children wit disabilities and sickness.
We can help children with many different medical conditions. This includes the treatment and support for conditions associated with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), stress, attention deficit hyperactivity (ADHD),Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)and demand avoidance (PDA).
We support children and young people with disabilities and sickness until their 25th birthday regardless of their disability or health condition. The cornerstone of our work is to act as a safety net for families unable to get the help they need. We are non-condition specific.
“Leeds advised us that we would require the cost of surgery plus £20,000 to cover the cost of additional equipment and therapy for 2 years post-SDR. We started to fundraise in June 2016 with the Just4Children who’ve been absolutely amazing at supporting us and managing his Campaign.”
Passionate, positive and practical, we are motivated to improve the lives of the estimated 770,000 disabled children living in the UK.
Just4Children’s vision is a world where all children’s needs are met and where children with disabilities and sickness and their families have the right to choice, opportunity, dignity and understanding.
We are impassioned to improve the health and lives of children and ensuring every family has access to the equipment, services and treatments they require.
We recognise that childhood is a critical and vulnerable stage when health inequalities can have effects that last throughout life. We are there at every step of this new, challenging and often lonely journey; from birth, or diagnosis, in an emergency, or at a time of crisis.
- We have a free phone number and are available for support and guidance everyday of the year;
- we set up a JustGiving Campaign page;
- we give a grant to market the campaign;
- we help families promote their campaign through the press and TV;
- we promote campaigns on many social media channels;
- we provide a fundraising kit;
- we help access match funding and corporate donations;
- we pay all the invoices and can help with travel and accommodation advice;
- we work with other charities and trusts who offer grants;
- we work with equipment providers offering significant discounts;
- one of our Trustees, Louise Elliott, has gone through the whole fundraising process with her son, and is available for support and advice;
- grants are available to families or organisations in greatest need of fundraising support.
If we can help you further please contact us on our Freephone number: 0800 169 1601