Umbilical cord stem cells could ease your child’s symptoms and improve their quality of life.
This is because they have the power to replace, repair and regenerate damaged or diseased tissue. Today, they are routinely used to treat various conditions – including blood cancers such as leukaemia.
They are also the subject of very promising clinical trials for conditions such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Cystic fibrosis
- And more…
Cells4Life is the UK’s largest cord blood bank, which stores and collects blood from the umbilical cord for use in future therapies.
This blood is baby’s perfect genetic match. If you stored your child’s cord blood when they were born, this means it can be used today to improve their symptoms with very little risk.
Cord blood can also be used to treat close relatives. For this reason, parents might choose to bank cord blood when they have another baby in future, and then use it to treat their child with a condition.
Just4Children and Cells4Life work in partnership to offer a discounted cord blood storage service and can also provide fundraising support to help parents who want to access a stem cell therapy.
In 2016, Cells4Life and Just4Children helped little Jay Shetty and his family raise funds so that he could travel to Duke University and take part in a pioneering cord blood clinical trial for cerebral palsy.
Jay had been diagnosed with cerebral palsy after a traumatic birth and after researching potential treatment options, his parents came across umbilical cord blood banking.
When Jay’s mother, Shilpa, fell pregnant with his little brother, they stored his umbilical cord blood with Cells4Life to give Jay access to a cord blood therapy.
Jay’s treatment was a simple injection of his brother’s cord blood but gave fresh hope to the Shetty family. “One year later, his muscle rigidity has reduced, and his vision has improved,” says Shilpa. “We have definitely noticed a difference.”
- 3X More Cells – Cells4Life offers an exclusive service called CellsPlus, powered by TotiCyte. It preserves 3 times more stem cells at the point of treatment, which is crucial as more cells can maximise the potential effects of a therapy. More cells also means that there is a chance for your child to receive multiple treatments.
- Multiple samples –Cells4Life is the only UK cord blood bank to store samples in multiple portions, which means it is possible to thaw just the amount required for treatment and leave the remainder in storage in case your child needs another treatment later in life.
Want to find out how cord blood could help your family? Visit cells4life.com or call 01444 873950
Read more Stem Cell Treatments
Other Treament Centres
- Active Dreams
- Children in Motion
- Cosmosuit Rehabilitation Institute
- Dragon Mobility
- Epilepsy Alarms (EAUK)
- Kids Physio London
- Kids Physio Works
- MAES Therapy
- Megan Baker House
- NAPA Center
- NICE – Centre for Movement Disorders
- PT Kids
- Quest 88
- Rehab Walk
- SDR Progression
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy
- Simple Stuff Works
- Specialised Orthotic Services
- The Adeli Medical Center
- The Advance Centre
- The Bobath Centre
- The Footsteps Therapy Centre
- The London Orthotic Consultancy
- The Movement Centre
- The PACE Centre
- The Peto Institute
- The Safespace
- Walk This Way